Thursday 10 January 2013

In the middle

I've been back to class and weighed in. I have gained 3lb since the week before Christmas and I am quite happy with that. I predicted 3 before I jumped on the scales so it's all good. This means now that my interim target is 3st away, and I hope to get that by the middle of the year. Last night was a rare occasion of not staying to class, but I did leave clutching my new pack (it's so pretty!), the new Slimming World magazine (which is discounted in group) and full of promise for today and my ongoing journey. Under the circumstances the gain hasn't dampened my spirits - I'm simply inspired to carry on.

And carry on I have. I have gone right back to basics today. It's a new year and a fresh chapter for me so I want to refresh myself with the plan and get interested again. There are lovely new things allowed as A and B choices (nuts!) so I really need to check the book regularly just now to make sure I am making the most of the plan.

When Megan was asleep and Heather was at nursery I had my lunch, browsed the new magazine, planned a week of dinners using my new books and read my new Food Optomising book, just like the new members. Also like all brand new members, I am writing a food diary again. Slimming World ask you to keep a diary for at least your first four weeks but I only did two last year before I bored myself. I'm hoping that I can manage at least two this year and that it makes me think again about what's going in my mouth. Will power back in place, I even refused to eat Megan's leftover pizza despite being starving hungry! My lunch of carrot, coriander and lentil soup from the new magazine that I whipped up this morning was wholesome, delicious and filling but hours ago and I'm now more than ready for my tea of Greek Chicken and couscous from Jamie's 15 minute meals.

The soup making thing was a spur of the moment thing, inspired by a box of carrots which needs using and seeing the recpie in the magazine. Quick, tasty and warming it was perfect for this freezing day. The girls had some tomato and orzo soup which I think is my favourite. That's quite a statement when you know how I feel about soup. Both soups are delicious although the tomato gets the edge for me, sprinkled with black pepper and parmesan. Honestly though it's just nice to have found a couple I can eat, offering me a healthy, free lunch which isn't salad. Much as I love a nice salad I want heat in the winter.

Anyway I'm off to get my tea on, fill my tummy and look forward to day 2.

See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment