Sunday 29 April 2012

Looks like we made it (Tales from April: Final Chapter)

Tomorrow is April 30th. The date by which all previous diets have long past crashed and burned. It appears though that my wish to still be here has been granted. Without checking my book I am not sure how many pounds I have lost in total this month, but I do know I got my 2 stone award on April 4th and I am hoping for my 2.5 stone award this coming Wednesday. I won Slimmer of the Month last Wednesday too. Not bad for a month in which I seem to have been celebrating one thing or another all the freaking time.

The fact that I am still losing and haven't fallen off the wagon is a major achievement for me. On my home scales I am 1lb off my All Time Low which I achieved in the Great Diet of 2004 (when I lost 4st) and I plan to cruise past that weight onto Skinnier times very soon on the SW scales too. Richy is also at an All Time Low. He isn't "counting" syns quite the same as I am but is more aware and is having the same healthy dinners as me. He has also lost almost 2st as well!

Apart from the week away we had which I told you about, my food has been under control for most of the month. Somehow as my journey continues I am more strict in some ways than week one. Even at weekends I'd still rather cook and syn some wine than get a takeaway for the most part. The bonus is, it's better on the pocket too. Really my problem is alcohol. (I say problem, I'm not an alcoholic, but I really do enjoy it, as does Mr Bee). I have come to the conclusion that setting my syns at 10 a day (70 for the week) is really working for me just now. SW guidelines say 5-15 syns a day and I know loads of people work on 15. I keep to 10 but usually use no more than 4 or 5 a day. This means on Fridays and Saturdays I can let my hair down a bit and mostly I am within the maximum syns.

There will probably come a time when I can't be so flexible, but as I see it so long as I can do what I'm doing and keep losing I'll be sticking to it. This is a lifestyle change, not a diet and for the first time my goals seem achievable, and I really think that belief is the first hurdle. My next mini target is to get my 3st award, hopefully by the end of next month - I really think I should be able to do it.

See you in May!

1 comment:

  1. Louise Frickleton29 April 2012 at 18:30

    Well done Gemma! you are doing fab :) xx

    ReplyDelete