Wednesday 6 March 2013

Still here

Still floundering. Still treading water. Still on plan. Still faffing around. Last week I gained a pound. I didnt know why and I still don't really. What I do know is that after weigh in last week I felt massively deflated and for the first time since I started this whole journey I wanted to drown in a sea of wine and pizza.

Importantly, I didn't. I am aware that although the scales are stubbornly not shifting just now, my shape is. An outfit I wore just a few weeks ago looked much better on me this weekend and it's key that I keep these changes in mind.

In my last post I said I was going to drink green tea, increase my water intake, try red and green days and be vigilant. I can honestly say I have done all of these things as well as a few Success Express days and going back to and - importantly - joining the gym which is a bizarre ritual in this new life I never thought I'd see myself doing. Green and red days are a bit odd so far. Green come more easily and naturally to me but I think the almost carb-less red days are worth doing. The extra A and B choice is nice to have too but it encourages me to eat more bread... which is NOT a good thing! Last night I had my favourite red day dinner so far - North African eggs with sausages. It was quick to prepare and so delicious, just like my homemade coleslaw which I have served this week with pulled pork sandwiches and salads and it's great to munch on from the fridge.

Coleslaw

Half a white cabbage, finely shredded
Half a red onion, grated
1 carrot, grated
1 radish, grated

1/2 tsp wholegrain mustard
4 tbsp fat free natural yoghurt
1 tbsp extra lighy mayo
Juice of half a lemon
A good pinch of cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper, to taste
Finely chopped coriander, to serve

Mix together your dressing and season to taste. It needs a good amount of salt and pepper so don't be shy!

Toss through your vegetables, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavours to develop and the veg to soften slightly.

With summer coming this is a great recipe to have up your sleeve. The best bet? This will keep for 5 days or so - if there's any left! ;-)

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment