Saturday 11 August 2012

Sabotage!

This week it's been hard to keep on track. Following on from my last post my mum arrived for a week long visit. It's not so much during the week that the problems occur, more that at the weekends we like to eat, drink and be merry, and what I've learned about myself is that it's when I eat and drink together that problems occur.

Last weekend we all went out on the Saturday evening with my mum and brother to Equis, a local family run fish and chip shop/ice cream parlour which was opened in the 1920s. It's actually not possible to stick to plan there because the fish and chips are fabulous and the ice cream is simply irresistible. My Coppa Amerena may have been a wise sundae choice in that it wasn't covered in honeycomb, marshmallows or chocolate sauce but when you are talking about the amount of ice cream we ate, the toppings are neither here nor there. Plus there was wine.

On Sunday we had a traditional Sunday roast, a big favourite of my mum's. Roast leg of lamb with mint and rosemary stuffing served with homemade gravy, frylight roasties, steamed baby potatoes, carrots, broccoli and - oops - Yorkshire puddings. Oh and wine.

Even my positively angelic Monday to Wednesday weigh in couldn't save me this week though, and this week I maintained. It's not all bad news though - common sense tells me that one gain and one maintain in 26 weeks of dieting is nothing to be ashamed of. As I've said all along, this is a long term plan and so far it's going brilliantly.

Anyway, this is all a long way of saying that I've shunned the Chinese takeaway I had planned for tonight in favour of Nigella Lawson's Chicken with 40 Cloves of garlic. I'll be able to pull it in for zero syns by switching to frylight from olive oil. Hopefully these wise choices will stand me in good stead come Wednesday. I'm going to be praying for a good loss this week to get me back on track for my 2012 loss.

On a final note, I bought a new dress for work in another size down about a fortnight ago, and a dress for a wedding in September in another size down from that again yesterday. And I took my measurements again this morning.

That made me smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment